Wednesday, October 3, 2012

the truth about . . . men and commitment

I'm not sure how the snow ball effect began but about 10 years ago I remember hearing echoes of the statement "there aren’t any good men left". As the echoes turned into wailings (the only thing missing was the tribal drum to add drama) I was amazed at how many women actually believed this. The only reason I didn’t is because people I knew (yeah men) were getting MARRIED!

NEWSFLASH: Men are not afraid of commitment ladies, they are afraid of committing to the wrong woman. And with standards being low and the amount of women willing to engage in sex with no commitment being high - well I'd be a little skeptical myself.

This really is the easiest problem in the world to solve. Ladies it’s on our hands. Step 1 - get some self esteem (Nieman's doesn’t carry it so it's up to you to do the work). Step 2 - stop having sex with men who don’t have long term plans to be in your life (see Step 1). Step 3 - learn how to like a man based on how he treats you instead of what he can buy you. Take back your power.

Men don’t dream of their wedding day so when they commit most of them are in it for the long haul. Good men are out there waiting on us to get it together.


Men aren't afraid of commitment; they are afraid of commiting to the wrong one.


No comments:

Post a Comment